Tuesday 17 March 2009

I'm an 'Infertile', get me out of here...

Infertile.I didn't want to come to terms with the term. It just sounds so depressing, doesn't it? So, I did what any normal person would do when faced with the painful truth. I ran away. I didn't just run, I pegged it. To Brazil. I just couldn't handle the reality, so I suggested to Liam that we buy a couple of rucksacks and do what any 20 year olds in our position would do. Only we're not 20 year olds. Bugger. Oh well, let's go anyway. So we did. Liam didn't exactly need persuading. In fact, it'd been his idea that we travel years before, but the baby situation had kind of taken over. We'd better not have all those injections, I'd said. What if I'm pregnant, we won't want to be climbing mountains, I'd said. All that sounded ridiculous now that I knew I'd never been able to conceive anyway. So we purchased our shiny round-the-world tickets and disappeared for 6 months on an adventure of a lifetime. You can read all about it on my other blog www.worldwidewalsh.blogspot.com.
Anyway, That's another story. Of course, we didn't escape our infertility situation.We just ran away for a bit to let the physical scars from my ops (and the mental scars from the news) heal.
We had the most amazing time. It really was the trip of a lifetime, we agreed. Although I couldn't help but think how much I'd love to do the trip all over again, this time with our children in tow, to show them just how amazing the world can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment